finding the perfect paper
As promised in my previous post on the dos and don'ts of wallpaper, I want to share my all time favorite source of wallpaper (and fabric and wrapping paper too)!
I don't want to diminish the countless other sources of wallpaper that also offer up beautiful, bold, elegant, adorable, witty, striking, etc., etc. options, so here are a few other sources worth checking out:
- Your standard hardware stores, like Home Depot and Lowes
- Your big chain home good stores, like Target and Bed Bath and Beyond
- Your high end designer brands, like Graham and Brown and Jonathan Adler
- Your trendy but expensive retailers, like Anthropologie
But when you've scoured the web and flipped through magazines and paced up and down aisles and still haven't been inspired, Spoonflower is your answer.
What makes Spoonflower so spectacular?
- It's a collective of independent designers from all over the world who share their designs and then receive commission when one of their designs is purchased
- Once you pick a design, you can purchase it by the yard in various types of fabrics, as wallpaper, or as wrapping paper
- Currently, there are 4,385 pages of wallpaper designs available on the website, with a total of 350,800 individual wallpaper designs available
- The search function is pretty effective, allowing you to filter by color or even by themes (think retro, chevron, or even mermaid)
- If you browse all 350,800 designs, and still can't find something you like, you can actually submit your own design and create a truly personal and unique product for yourself!
And if all of that still hasn't convinced you how amazing Spoonflower is, here are just a few of my favorite designs :)